From my family to yours, have a safe and very Happy Halloween everyone!
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
I wish you could smell my house right now as I eat one of these super delicious 2 ingredient semi homemade apple hand pies.. Yes!! Only 2 ingredients!!
One package of refrigerator cinnamon rolls and a can of apple pie filling is all you need to make quick and easy cinnamon roll apple pies.
What you do is place the cinnamon roll dough in between two sheets of wax paper and smash it together, making sure it's all one piece.
Then spoon in about 2 - 3 tablespoons of the pie filling to one side and bring one edge over to meet the other.
Use a fork to crimp the edges together and bake in a 350 degree for 10 - 13 minutes.
Use the icing that comes with the cinnamon rolls to top the pies.
Monday, October 29, 2012
If you're planning a Halloween party with your kids and you need some games, then I've got the round up for you! Here's 9 party worthy Halloween games for the little ghouls and goblins!
1. Guess How Big the Pumpkin Is
This is one of the easiest party games to play. Just set out a pumpkin with some scrap paper and a pen. Have the group examine the pumpkin and then make their guess. Measure and find out the winner.
2. Speak No Evil
Give everyone a clothes pin to wear. Then choose a word that is off limits to your party goers. When the guests are caught saying the word their clothes pin is taken by the person who caught them. At the end of the night, whoever has the most pins wins.
3. Pin the Spider on the Web
4. Guess How Many
Fill a large see through container with small items. (make sure to count them as you fill the container) Leave some paper and a pen and a jar to collect the guesses. At the end of the night go through them and see who got the closest.
5. Halloween BingoArtsy Fartsy Mama.
6. Pumpkin Bowling
7. Pass the Pumpkin
8. Halloween Pictionary
Use Halloween words like pumpkin, witch, vampire, bat, black cat, candy, spider, ect. Keep track of points on a pad of paper, chalkboard, or your own homemade game board.
9. Memorize It
So gather up your gang and get to playing some fun Halloween party games!
Saturday, October 27, 2012
Halloween is all about the fun times but there's a lot to watch out for too. In the spirit of being fun AND safe this Halloween, I've complied some great safety tips and articles to keep everyone free from danger of the spookiest of spooky nights.
Safety Tips For Checking Halloween Candy - Here's what you should know and consider when it comes to trick or treating candy from Channel Islands California State University Police Operations.
- Wait until children are home to sort and check treats.
- Though tampering is rare, a responsible adult should closely examine all treats and throw away any of the following candies that have:
- An unusual appearance or discoloration
- Tiny pinholes or tears in wrappers
- Spoiled or unwrapped items
- Homemade items or baked goods should be discarded unless you personally know who gave them.
- When in doubt, throw it out
- Tell children not to accept -- and, especially, not to eat--anything that isn't commercially wrapped.
- Parents of young children should also remove any choking hazards such as gum, peanuts, hard candies and small toys.
- Try to apportion treats for the days following Halloween.
- Although sharing is encouraged, make sure items that can cause choking
(such as hard candies), are given only to those of an appropriate age.
If you have any questions about possable tainted candy, you can contact the:
- POISON CONTROL CENTER 1-800-222-1222
Trick or Treating Safety - The Center for Disease Control and Prevention has a great Acronym that all kids and parent show know. It goes like this..
|Swords, knives, and similar costume accessories should be short, soft, and flexible.|
|Avoid trick-or-treating alone. Walk in groups or with a trusted adult.|
|Fasten reflective tape to costumes and bags to help drivers see you.|
|Examine all treats for choking hazards and tampering before eating them. Limit the amount of treats you eat.|
|Hold a flashlight while trick-or-treating to help you see and others see you. Always WALK and don't run from house to house.|
|Always test make-up in a small area first. Remove it before bedtime to prevent possible skin and eye irritation.|
|Look both ways before crossing the street. Use established crosswalks wherever possible.|
|Lower your risk for serious eye injury by not wearing decorative contact lenses.|
|Only walk on sidewalks whenever possible, or on the far edge of the road facing traffic to stay safe.|
|Wear well-fitting masks, costumes, and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips, and falls.|
|Eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid eating homemade treats made by strangers.|
|Enter homes only if you're with a trusted adult. Only visit well-lit houses. Don't stop at dark houses. Never accept rides from strangers.|
|Never walk near lit candles or luminaries. Be sure to wear flame-resistant costumes.|
Another informative source for Halloween safety tips comes from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children. You can view and/or print the PDF document by following the link above.
Driving Safety - Driving while trick or treating is going on can be very stressful and
dangerous. From Progressive, here's some Halloween Driving Safety Tips that all vehicle operators should be aware of.
dangerous. From Progressive, here's some Halloween Driving Safety Tips that all vehicle operators should be aware of.
Gluten Safety - If you're a gluten free eater you're in luck! There are tons of candy choices out there that are safe for you to eat. Thanks so much to Jen Cafferty at www.gfreelife.com for sharing this very long list of sugary snacks that are completely gluten free.
- Airhead Bars
- After Eight Dinner Mints
- All Natural Pecan Divinity by Dillon’s Candy
- Almond Joy
- Amy’s Crunchy, Chewy & Crispy Organic Candy Bars
- Ande’s Mints
- Annie’s Bunny Fruit Snacks
- Atomic Fireballs
- Baby Ruth
- Bazooka Bubble Gum
- Bequet Confections Caramels
- Big League Chew
- Big Red Gum
- Bit O’ Honey
- Black Ace Red & Black Flourless Licorice
- Boston Baked Beans Candy
- Bottle Caps by Wonka
- Brach’ Candy Corns
- Break Bar by Glutino
- Bubble Gum Smarties
- Bubble Yum Gum
- Bubblicious Gum
- Butterfingers (the crisp, crunch and stixx versions contain gluten)
- Candy Tree Strawberry Licorice Laces
- Certs Mints
- Charleston Chew (both full size and mini)
- Charm Cotton Candy Lollipops & Sweet & Sour Charms
- Charms Blow Pops
- Chiclets Gum
- Chupa Chups Fruit Lollipops
- Circus Peanuts by Spangler
- Clark Bars
- Cleo’s Peanut Butter Cups by Go Max Go!
- Cocomels Vanilla & Sea Salt Caramels
- Cotton Candy Fluffy Stuff
- Dentyne Gum
- Doublemint Gum
- Dove Bar
- Dubble Bubble Gum
- Dum Dums
- E. Fruitti Gummy Candies
- Eclipse Gum
- Enjoy LIfe Foods Chocolate Bars
- Extra Gum
- Fluffy Stuff Cotton Candy
- Freedent Gum
- Freshen Up Gum
- Fruit Stripe Gum
- Fruit Tart Chews by Wonka
- Fun Dip and Fun Dip Sour by Wonka
- Glee Gum
- Gobstoppers (Chewy and Original) by Wonka
- Gold Mine Gold Rocks Nugget Bubble Gum
- GoNaturally Hard Candies
- Haribo Gold Bears
- Heath Bars
- Heath Mints
- Hershey’s Bars – Milk Chocolate Bars with & without almonds
- Hershey’s Kisses, Hugs, Kissables and Nuggets
- Hot Dog Cinnamon Bubble Gum
- Hot Tamales
- Hot Tamales Gum
- Hubba Bubba Gum
- Jelly Bellies
- Jolly Rancher Lollipops
- Jolly Ranchers
- Juicy Fruit Gum
- Juje Fruits by Heide
- Junior Mints
- Just Born Jelly Beans
- Justin’s Organic Peanut Butter Cups
- Kraft Caramels
- Laffy Taffy Plain, Stretchy & Tangy and Rope by Wonka
- Let’s Do Organic Gummy candies
- Life Saver Swirl Pops
- Life Savers Hard Candy and Gummies
- Lollibeans Jelly Belly Lollipops
- M&M’s – plain, peanut and peanut butter
- Mahalo Candy Bar by Go Max Go!
- Marshmallow Peeps
- Mary Janes
- Mega Warheads
- Meltzer’s Puremints Pastilles
- Mentos Sugar Free Gum
- Mike and Ike Bubble Gum
- Mike and Ike’s
- Milk Duds
- Mister Goodbar
- Necco Wafers
- Nik L Nip Wax Bottles filled with candy syrup
- Nips, Regular and Sugar Free
- Now and Later Regular and Soft
- O’Henry Candy Bars
- Orbit Sugar Free Gum
- Orgran Molasses Licorice
- Pay Day
- Pixy Stix by Wonka
- Pop Rocks Candy
- Push Pops
- Rain-Blo Pops
- Red Hots
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups -
- not necessarily the shaped holiday peanut butter cups
- Reese’s Pieces
- Ring Pops
- Runts and Runts Chewy by Wonka
- Safe T Lollipops
- Shrek Lollipops
- Skittles and Skittles Sour
- Skor Bars by Hershey
- Slap Stick Lolli Pop
- Slo Poke Lollipops
- Smarties (in the US only – not Canada)
- Smarties Lollies
- Snap! Candy Bar by Go Max Go!
- Snickers Bars
- Sno Caps
- Sour Patch Soft and Chewy Candy Kids by Cadbury
- Spun City Cotton Candy
- St. Claire’s Organics Tart Candies
- Starburst Jelly Beans
- Sugar Babies
- Sugar Daddy
- Sugar Daddy Lollipops
- Sunbursts Natural Candy Coated Sunflower Seeds
- SunCups – Milk & Dark Chocolate
- Sunkist Fruit Gems & Orange Slices
- Super Bubble Original Gum
- Surf Sweets Gummy Candies
- Surf Sweets Jelly Beans
- Swedish Fish by Cadbury and Trebor Allen
- Sweetarts by Wonka
- Teaberry Gum
- Three Musketeers
- Tic Tacs
- Tootsie Rolls
- Tootise Pops
- Trident Gum
- Trolli Gummy Candies
- Twist & Glow Lollipop
- Wacko-wax Wax Lips
- Wax Mustache Candy
- Welch’s Fruit Snacks
- Whizzers Chocolate Footballs, Beans and Speckled Eggs
- Wonka Nerds Bubble Gum Balls
- Wonka Runts
- Wrigley’s Gum Products
- York Peppermint Patties
- Yummy Earth Lollipops
More Food Allergy Safety - from KidsWithFoodAllergies.org here's 12 Halloween tips for parents with food allergic children: How to take the tricks out of treats when your child has food allergies.
Pet Safety - Will your animals be involved in your Halloween festivities? Here's The Top 10 Halloween Safety Tips for Pet Parents provided by the ASPCA.
So keep it safe out there this week my friends and have the Happiest of Halloweens!
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Last week's party was so great! There were so many awesome posts linked up. Here's my Weekend Wonders Link Party #12 features...
The most viewed link of the party was #4 My Dirty Little Secret from Kathe With an E. Did she sneak into my house and take pictures of my craft space?
And here's a few from last week that caught my eye...
These Sweet Spicy Pumpkin Seeds from The Creative Cubby is now on my to do list! I'm going to make a big bag full for my Dad who LOVES pumpkin seeds. They sound delicious!
Aren't these Peanut Butter Brownie Pumpkins the cutest little Halloween treat? And who could say no to peanut butter and brownie??? Thanks to Wifessionals for sharing this with us!
Turquoise Stenciled Walls from Queen B - Creative Me are so cool! My family and I are getting ready to move so I'm on the look out for awesome decorating ideas.
Great stuff guys!!
If you were featured above, grab a button below.
Just a little reminder.. The Link Up and Spook On Halloween Party is going on now until the end of October!
Feel free to add anything and everything Halloween.. As many as you like... New or old we want to see it all!
And now It's time for another Weekend Wonders link party! We did so great last week! Thank you so much to all of you who link up and help promote the party! You guys are the best!
This week our co-host for the Weekend Wonders Party is Destination: Craft
Please check out her blog and give her a follow as well as your hosts.
As always, we are so very appreciative of everyone who links up with us. We just can't say thank you enough!
The Weekend Wonders party will run until Tuesday night and features will be announced on Wednesday. We will also be sharing our favorite posts from the party on Facebook and pinning them on Pinterest, into our Weekend Wonder Features board.
Weekend Wonders Guidelines...
1. Follow your hosts, Love and Laundry and The Thriftiness Miss via GFC, bloglovin, or Linky Followers. If you are a new follower, leave a comment and let us know how you follow and we will make sure and return the favor.
2. Link to a specific post, not your homepage.
3. Show us your crafts, recipes, shopping hauls, photos, stories, really whatever you're proud of!
4. Please do not link up Etsy shops, parties, and/or giveaways.
5. Visit some other links and let them know how wonderful they are! We all love some positive feedback.
Grab a party button for your sidebar and posts to help spread the word!
Link them up guys!
Labels: Weekend Wonders Link Party